Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Chapter 3e



This chapter includes many tips on making me a better educator.  I always try to explain the importance of reading to my students.  I want then to know that reading is much more than reading some random words, but I want them to understand that reading can take you places both mentally and physically.  During silent reading, I like to pull up a chair and kick back and enjoy a book of my own, while my students are paralyzed by the interests of their reading materials.  Like the text, I believe that if you continue to model reading the students will want to reciprocate those same actions.  I explain to my students how I enjoy reading to my own kids and how they share their thoughts/interests about their text to me.  

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're sharing your reading with your students. It's so important that they see that we read for pleasure as well. During their independent reading time, do you get the chance to conference with them? It doesn't have to be formal. You can just talk to them about what they're reading. I've always found that these conversations really helped me get to know my students.

    ReplyDelete