Monday, October 26, 2015

Blog Post #1 Aug. The Habit of Kid Watching

Aug. Blog
The Habit of Kidwatching
I have always kept observation notes on my students. Although check list and numerical records are a very valuable way to monitor student achievement, it has proven to be a better way for me to understand the students and their academic needs.

The best part of my day is when all students are actively engaged and I can stand back to watch and listen to their thoughts and ideas. I try to be a guide on the side and not a sage on the stage.
These notes provided valuable information when making lesson plans and how to group the students for instruction. I am able to get a better understanding of each students preference of learning styles which made class time move more smoothly.  

1 comment:

  1. Anecdotal notes are such a valuable tool in the classroom. So many teachers think that what you do with your kids is so vastly different from what they are doing. In reality, what you do should be finding its way into more classrooms. Watching how students are functioning during lessons or work periods allows teachers to better plan for future instruction and grouping.

    ReplyDelete